To vote in this election you must:
- be a Canadian citizen and at least 18 years old on election day and;
- be a resident of the Town of Neepawa and has been so for at least six months before election day; or
- be a non resident registered owner of land in the Town of Neepawa for at least six months before election day.
Section 21 Municipal Councils and School Boards Elections Act.
The Town of Neepawa requires every voter to provide proof of their name and current address by showing identification. Picture I.D. is not a requirement.
You have two options:
Show one original piece of identification with your photo, name and address. It must be issued by a government agency.
- A valid Driver’s License
- Enhanced Identification card
Show two original pieces of authorized identification that together provide evidence of your name and current address. A combination of the below examples would be sufficient.
- Manitoba Health Services card,
- Manitoba Blue Cross card,
- a blank personalized cheque,
- a credit card statement,
- an Old Age Pension/Security card,
- an Income Tax Assessment statement,
- a utility bill,
- Birth Certificate.
Section 7 Municipal Councils and School Boards Elections Act.
You may vote in this election by providing the necessary identification and taking an oath that you are an eligible voter.
Section 33 Municipal Councils and School Boards Elections Act.
For more information, please contact Colleen Synchyshyn, Senior Election Official at email@example.com or 204-476-7603