Town of Neepawa Parks & Playground Guidelines
** Update – due to the flooding that occurred in early July and significant damage that occurred to the campground, several sites will be out of commission for the remainder of the camping season. For your safety and comfort, the Town of Neepawa reserves the right to cancel reservations in sites 37, 39 and 40 with minimal notice if there is any significant rainfall. Please refer to the map below for the sites that will be re-opened.
As the Province of Manitoba begins to introduce processes and services to address our new normal, timing and order of actions is fundamental to ensure success.
As of May 4th, 2020, based on an orderly & safe restoration of public services, the Town of Neepawa has chosen to proceed slowly and cautiously focusing on the ability to adhere to the Province’s COVID-19 restrictions and social distancing guidelines.
Please refer to the information provided for parks and campgrounds within the Town of Neepawa. Information regarding the swimming pool will be provided at a later date.
Public Parks/Greenspace (i.e. Riverbend, Park Lake etc.) – Open to the public
- Patrons are required to social distance (2 m/6 ft) and limit groups to 10 or less people.
- The use of playground equipment will be allowed; however, surfaces will not be cleaned or sanitized. Please use care and caution…and play at your own risk.
- Public Washrooms will be open
- Currently not accepting any private event reservations (i.e. Parks Use Permit).
- Signage will be posted onsite to caution patrons about the risks of COVID-19.
Lion’s Riverbend Campground – Open June 1, 2020.
- Open to residents of Norther Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia at this time.
- Reservations open Monday, May 25, 2020
- Call (204) 476-7676 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Must be accepted in advance and secured with pre-payment only (contactless transactions – credit card, debit or eTransfer)
- Valid ID must be presented upon arrival.
- Overnight stays and limited-term campsites may only be occupied at 50 percent capacity, with no adjacent sites occupied at the same time.
- The booking of camp sites will be limited to specific sites chosen by the Town to meet social distancing standards.
- Campers requiring firewood are asked to pre-pay for firewood at time of reservation. Firewood will then be delivered to the site.
- No group campsites, group reservations or tenting will be permitted.
- Campers exhibiting any sign of illness will not be permitted.
- Campers must bring in their own supplies, gas up before leaving home, pack out what was packed in and leave no trace; & only utilize local health providers in an emergency.
- Campers are asked to use washroom facilities in their trailers or recreational vehicles whenever possible.
- No exceptions will be made.Lions Riverbend Campground is located just off Highway #16, at 500 Broadway Avenue and has 54 sites available for all types of RV’s, with sewage disposal, washrooms, drinking water and showers located in the immediate vicinity.
The campground is located right beside the outdoor swimming pool (offering complete Red Cross swimming lessons). Also close by is the 18 hole golf course, walking trails, fishing and picnic areas. The campground site is only a short distance from Neepawa’s downtown shopping centre.
You can make reservations by phoning (204) 476-7676.
Campground is open May 1 to September 30 each year
Reservations for the calendar year open on May 1 at 9:00 a.m.
Phone: (204) 476-7676
Rates for the 2018 Camping Season are as follows:
Methods of payment – Visa, Master card, Debit, Cash or Cheque. No American Express.
Reservations can be cancelled and a full refund on camping fees (except for the $9.00 reservation fee) will be provided if a cancellation occurs 4 or more days before your arrival date. If a cancellation occurs 3 days or less before the arrival date, camping fees will be refunded except for the first night’s camping fee and the $9.00 reservation fee. If guests don’t cancel a reservation or do not show up, all fees are forfeited.