Lion’s Riverbend Campground Hosts
Are you friendly, outgoing and hospitable? Do you have a keen interest in promoting the Town of Neepawa and surrounding area? Are you detail oriented, organized, reliable and have great communications skills?
The Town of Neepawa is seeking applicants wishing to become Campground Hosts for the 2019 season. (2 to 3 positions)
Duties include (but are not limited to – a complete job description is available by clicking here):
- Greeting and welcoming campers upon arrival
- Campground administration (accepting reservations, accepting and reconciling payments)
- Organizing check-ins for after office hours
- Providing information about
- The facility, rules and regulations and the community
- things to see and do in the surrounding area
- Assisting visitors to obtain help in emergency situations
- Light maintenance duties (moving fire pits, picnic tables, firewood, mowing of sites and general cleanup)
- Ensuring the washrooms remain stocked and cleaned to an acceptable standard
- Ensuring the sites are ready to welcome new campers
- Dealing with camper concerns and complaints
- Ensuring that the rules and regulations are followed
To be eligible, hosts should be willing to work varied hours/days between April 30 and October 1 (8 to 10 hour days, to a maximum of 80 hours bi-weekly; alternating weekends and statutory holidays):
- Hold a valid class 5 driver’s license
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English
- Be friendly and courteous
- Be punctual, reliable and detail oriented
- Be able to work independently and be a self starter
- Have excellent communication skills (person, phone and email)
- Computer skills (including general database skills and word processing)
- Experience dealing with cash and POS terminals
- The ability to lift 30 to 50 lbs.
- The ability to do light-medium duties such as weed flower beds, paint and mow grass.
To support our Hosts, the Town of Neepawa will provide:
- Orientation and training
- Introductions to other staff and supervisors.
- A site tour to familiarize volunteers with site services, facilities and equipment
- A complete job description outlining duties, responsibilities and expectations
- Information about rules, emergency procedures and emergency contacts
- Publications to distribute to visitors
- Town of Neepawa identification
Opportunity Application Period
- The application period for the 2019 Campground Host positions will remain open until all positions are filled.
Resumés, including three (3) references, can be submitted to:
Denis Saquet, C.E.T.
Manager of Operations
Town of Neepawa
Box 339, 275 Hamilton Street
Neepawa, MB R0J 1H0
The Town of Neepawa is an equal opportunity employer, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information (including a detailed job description) please click here.
This position is not limited to students. Mature applicants are welcome.